Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Sunday, 4 October 2009

Zahrad - STONE

A.
The stone -- which you step on and keep going
The stone – on which you spit
The stone
that you hurl at each other’s heads
in stead of insults
like a curse
I pick that stone up with care
and take it to my room
I kneel in front of it
and I pray

B.
Stone – my own – my stone – stone
stone of my heart – stone of my mind's eye
stone – the unfeasible – stone – the unassailable –
stone – mine – my share – stone

C.
Step on the stones and pass
Jump from stone to stone on the stones
Let me watch the merry caravans
Let me watch the steadfast caravan
and – wait here indefinitely
petrified – me
Go on friends trample and pass
I myself stone – stone

D.
What are stones to you anyway?
You throw them
I pick them up

E.
I pray
I kneel in front of it
that stone that I pick up with care
Stone
which like a curse
Instead of insult
You throw at each other’s heads
The stone -- on which you spit
The stone – which you step on and pass
Stone – my own – my stone – stone


ZAHRAD
Translated by Tatul Sonentz

No comments:

Post a Comment