Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Monday, 2 November 2009

Sohrab Sepehri - BITTER DREAM

The song
of moonbirds,
Some cloud weeps in my room,
The flowers of regret's eyes bloom.
In a coffin at my window
The body of the Orient flutters,
The West gives up the ghost and dies.
The orange-hued plant of the sun
Grows slowly in the swamp of my room.
I am awake,
Don't take me for asleep,
The shadow of broken limbs
Lulled me to torpor in silence.
Now I hear
The moonbirds' melody
And I dispense
Flowers from the eyes
Of regret.


Sohrab Sepehri
Translated by Tatul Sonentz
from the Armenian renditions
by Edward Hakhverdian

خواب تلخ
مرغ مهتاب می خواند
ابری در اتاقم میگرید
گلهای چشم پشیمانی می شکفد
درتابوت پنجره ام پیکر مشرق می لولد
مغرب جان می کند
می میرد
گیاه نارنجی خورشید
در مرداب اتاقم می روید کم کم
بیدارم
نپنداریدم درخواب
سایه شاخه ای بشکسته
آهسته خوابم کرد
کنون دارم می شنوم
آهنگ مرغ مهتاب
و گلهای چشم پشیمانی را پر پر می کنم

No comments:

Post a Comment