Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Rumi - SAY NOTHING

I am the slave of the moon.
Speak only of the moon.

In my presence,
Speak of candles and sweets.
Do not speak of pain,
Speak of treasures…
Ignore this absence of news --
Say nothing.

Last night, I went stark raving mad.
Love saw me and said:
“Here I am! Stop howling,
Stop rending your garments --
Say nothing.”

I answered: “Alas, love,
It is something other that I fear!”
He said:
“This other thing is no more --
Say nothing.”

“I shall whisper secret words in your ear.
Move your head to say yes.
Just your head -- and
Say nothing.”

I said:
« This face is that of an angel or a man…”
He said:
“Neither angel nor man --
Say nothing.”

I said: “What is it? Tell me.
Shall I be shattered much?”
He said: “Be as such --
Say nothing.”

O, you who live in this place
Full of design and illusion,
Rise and leave this house. Go!
Pack your things -- and
Say nothing!”


Molana Djalal Eddin Mohammad Molawi Balkhi Rumi (1207–1273)
Translated by Tatul Sonentz from the translation of Sylvie M. Miller

هیچ مگو

من غلام قمرم غیر قمر هیچ مگو
پیش من جز سخن شمع و شکر هیچ مگو

سخن رنج مگو جز سخن گنج مگو
ور از این بی‌خبری رنج مبرهیچ مگو

دوش دیوانه شدم عشق مرا دید و بگفت
آمدم نعره مزن جامه مدر هیج مگو

گفتم ای عشق من از چیز دگر می‌ترسم
گفت آن چیز دگر نیست دگر هیچ مگو

من به گوش تو سخن‌های نهان خواهم گفت
سر بجنبان که بلی جز تو به سر هیچ مگو

گفتم این روی فرشته است عجب یا بشر است
گفت این غیر فرشته است و بشر هیچ مگو

گفتم این چیست بگو زیر و زبر خواهم شد
گفت می‌باش چنین زیر و زبر هیچ مگو

ای نشسته تو در این خانه پر نقش خیال
خیز از این خانه برو رخت ببر هیچ مگو

مولانا

دیوان شمس
 غزبیات

listen to the poem read by A. Shamlu

2 comments:

  1. Hey, great work that you're doing here on this blog. Belated Christmas Greetings and Happy New Year to you. I wish you God's blessings in this coming year, prosperity and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. Happy New Year to you also!

    ReplyDelete