Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Monday, 15 March 2010

Bedros Herian - ALMOST

My room is now almost the same,
And now, I too, am almost the same.

I have handed my heart over
To the smokes pouring out the window,
To the sounds pouring in through the window
And I feel once more,
That beneath the blue-blue skies
A funeral cries…

Here, my room is almost the same,
And I, almost…

My lungs now expand too, too much
And from the vast crisis of my soul,
My body seems to expand too much
And words suddenly
Reach the tips of my fingers and tongue,
Pulling each other,
Pushing and shoving,
They want to come out before each other,
To demonstrate for
Or against something or other…

My room is almost the same,
But now, I am almost not the same.

Bedros Herian
Translated by Tatul Sonentz

2 comments: