Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Harutiun Berberian - MOONLIGHT

We keep the windows open at night
to restore the tired naked bodies
and beneath the bare light of the moon
our sweat cools
while my eyes watch
that which remains of your body
from the ravages of time.

Stretched beside me
under the effect of pills
you snooze undisturbed
while I cannot
for so many years now
shut my eyelids
unable to endure
the disfigurement
of mind and body.

I snip your face and rearrange it.
I snip the worn out image of the city
rushing in through the window…

And in the light
of plaster and plastic
all turn into inanimate things…

It is a nervous collapse
yet none of us
can scream its name.


------------ Harutiun Berberian
Translated by Tatul Sonentz

No comments:

Post a Comment