Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Thursday, 6 January 2011

Hamastegh - FAITH IN A DUSKY FATE

I grew up an orphan, but
with an open heart, my palm shut,
I bared my heart on my sleeve -- and
still remained an orphan

With an appealing smile,
I readily believed everyone,
yet I remained alone,
and alone I cried...

Inside, there were cymbals and dancing,
incessant song and strings,
I never made it to the entrance,
I walked away and left unnoticed...

I listened in dark and deep silence
to the one-string refrain
of the never ending rain pouring
in my very essence.

I listened to the sad dirge
of my memories' demise,
as behind a casket - weightless
as a wing of light,

Hope shed tears of distress,
holding a lyre in its hand.
With faith in tomorrow's sun,
and in a dusky fate


HAMASTEGH
translated by Tatul Sonentz

No comments:

Post a Comment