Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Monday, 5 September 2011

Arsene Yergath - AUTUMN

Distressing autumn, rain- sodden autumn,
Sweeter to my soul than crystalline winter
Shimmering bright with countless glitter,
You are sombre as my sorrowful musings.

Closing all portals, I watch through panes
The heartbreak of falling leaves, so similar
To the fallen dreams from my heart, and
Their fire that flamed out without return…

It’s your tears’ dew on my trembling hand,
Autumn, autumn, behold, life’s downhill
Path towards night brightens for a while…

Until the spring awakening of your hives,
Will my eyes read this page of the tome
Writ with the salt and rose of my blood…?

Arsene Yergath
Translated by Tatul Sonentz

No comments:

Post a Comment