Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Arsene Yergath - SUMMER


Oh, season of the poor, you have come down
From the blue hilltops, sitting in your carriage
Of gold, as cool, clear springs gurgle translucent
And as the pigeon-coop of ice and snow quivers.

A lavish bride-gown now adorns the apple-tree, 
As honey-bees have perched on the lung-wort,
And, like a harp, nature resonates in harmony,
Singing the splendor of the reawakening of joy.

Yet my cottage still remains closed. Huddled
In front of the fireplace, I shiver from the winter
Of my heart, as around me, old memories hover…

I still wait, the panes of my windows open wide,
And wonder if a merry swallow may drift inside,
An orphaned swallow, seeking its way to its nest…


Arsene Yergath
 Translated by Tatul Sonentz

No comments:

Post a Comment