Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Sunday, 12 October 2014

Rumi - HAVEN'T I TOLD YOU ?

Haven’t I told you
not to go there,
since I am your family – me,
the only fountain of vivacity
in this ephemeral world?

And even if you managed, in a rage,
to cover a hundred thousand years’ range
away from me towards eternity,
I shall still be your point of return,
for I am your destiny.

Haven’t I told you
not to be
mollified by mundane designs,
for I am the one who depicts
the birthing center
of your beatitude?

Haven’t I told you
I am the sea,
you, the fish,
not to ever dehydrate
for I am your limpid water?

Haven’t I told you
“Avoid –
the nets that snare birds –
come to me, source of the force
of your flight, your wings,
your steps?”

Haven’t I told you:
“Let them
isolate you,
to discourage you –
I am the fire, the radiance,
the heat
that you breathe?”

Haven’t I told you
of your
ugly thoughts hidden within you?
Disconnect yourself,
for I am
the source of your qualities.

If the light is in your heart
you’ll know where your house is,
and if you are loyal to God,
I am your very soul –
believe it!

~ Jalal Eddin el Rumi (1207-1273) 
Translated by Tatul Sonentz 




نگفتمت مرو آنجا
نگفتمت مرو آنجا که آشنات منم؟ در این سراب فنا چشمه حیات منم؟
وگر به خشم روی صد هزار سال زمن به عاقبت به من آیی که منتهات منم؟
نگفتمت که به نقش جهان مشو راضی که نقش بند سرا پرده رضایت منم؟
نگفتمت که منم بحر و تو یکی ماهی مرو به خشک که دریای با صفات منم؟
نگفتمت که چو مرغان به سوی دام مرو بیا که قوت پرواز و پر و پات منم؟
نگفتمت که تو را ره زنند و سرد کنند که آتش و تپش و گرمی هوات منم؟
نگفتمت که صفتهای زشت در تو نهند که گم کنی که سرچشمه صفات منم؟
نگفتمت که مگو کار بنده از چه جهت، نظام گیرد خلاق بی جهات منم؟
اگر چراغ دلی دان که راه خانه کجاست وگر خدا صفتی دان که کدخدات منم

No comments:

Post a Comment