Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Forough Farrokhzad - WHERE AM I FROM?

Where am I from?
Where?
To be saturated like this
with the scent of nights?

The earth of its tomb is still moist--
I speak of the tomb
of these two green young hands.

You were good, my love --
a sole love among all.

So good, when you lied --
so good when you shut their eyelids
in the mirrors,

when
you picked the metal stems
from their chandeliers,

when
you took me from the black of repression
to bring me
to love’s pastures,
until,
awestruck, the steam,
surging from the fire lit by thirst,
lay on the lawn of dreams.


Forough Farrokhzâd
translated by Tatul Sonentz
from the French translation of Sylvie M. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment