Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Sohrab Sepehri - LIGHT, ME, FLOWER, WATER

No cloud,
No wind,
I sit on the edge of the pool,
The frolicking fish, the light, me, the flower, the water --
A clear cluster of sustenance.
My mother picks basil leaves --
Bread, sweet basil and chees,
Clear skies, petunias in bloom
Awaiting salvation amidst flowers in the yard.

Into a brass vessel
Light pours a whimsical show,
The stepladder
Brings down the morning
From the high wall.
Behind the secret smile of one and all,
The wall of time has a crevice
Through which one can see my face.

There are things I do not grasp,
I do know
I would die if I picked green grass.

I climb up to the peaks.
I am burdened with feathers and wings,
I see a road in the darkness.
Encumbered with lanterns,
Loaded with sand and light,
With trees and flowers,
I am saddled with roads and bridges,
With rivers, with waves,
I am oppressed by the shadow
Of some leaf fallen in the water.

How lonely is my core...


Sohrap Sepehri
Translated by Tatul Sonentz
from the Armenian renditions
by Edward Hakhverdian

روشني ، من ، گل ، آب
ابری نیست
بادی نیست
می نشینم لب حوض
گردش ماهی ها روشنی من گل آب
پاكی خوشه زیست
مادرم ریحان می چیند
نان و ریحان و پنیر آسمانی بی ابر اطلسی هایی تر
رستگاری نزدیك لای گلهای حیاط
نور در كاسه مس چه نوازش ها می ریزد
نردبان از سر دیوار بلند صبح را روی زمین می آرد
پشت لبخندی پنهان هر چیز
روزنی دارد دیوار زمان كه از آن چهره من پیداست
چیزهایی هست كه نمی دانم
می دانم سبزه ای را بكنم خواهم مرد
می روم بالا تا اوج من پر از بال و پرم
راه می بینم در ظلمت من پر از فانوسم
من پر از نورم و شن
و پر از دار و درخت
پرم از راه از پل از رود از موج
پرم از سایه برگی در آب
چه درونم تنهاست

No comments:

Post a Comment