Breaking down cultural barriers
Transposer une culture dans une autre par delà les barrières culturelles

Monday, 11 February 2013

Ahmad Shamlu - THE COLD INSIDE


If my heart, my hand trembled
it was from fear that love would flee,
not for a flutter but
a shelter

O love, o love, I cannot see the blue colours of your face

This has the coolness of a balm over the fire of a wound
Not the fervour of a flame over the cold that’s inside me

O love, o love, I cannot see the red of fire on your face

This presence in the night is a light veil of respite 
A deliverance when it leaves me…

Evening over the soothing blue and over the Judas tree
– the burst of its young leaves in bloom

O love, o love, I cannot see the well known colours of your face

Ahmad Shamlu
adapted from the Persian original 
by Sylvie M. Miller

Click here to listen to the text read by Ahmad Shamlu

                                         TRADUCTION FRANCAISE
سرمای درون
همه
لرزش دست و دلم
از آن بود.
که عشق
پناهی گردد،
پروازی نه
گریزگاهی گردد.
آی عشق آی عشق
چهره ی آبیت پیدا نیست.
***
و خنکای مرهمی
بر شعله ی زخمی
نه شور شعله
بر سرمای درون
آی عشق آی عشق
چهره ی سرخت پیدا نیست.
***
غبار تیره ی تسکینی بر حضور وهن
و دنج رهایی
بر گریز حضور،
سیاهی
بر آرامش آبی
و سبزه ی برگچ
بر ارغوان
آی عشق آی عشق
رنگ آشنای چهره ات
پیدا نیست.


No comments:

Post a Comment